Dental implants offer a modern, sophisticated substitute for replacement of the natural root of a tooth. They are made from titanium, which is very well tolerated by bone and soft tissues. An implant provides the essential new root needed to support the replacement tooth. They are the informed choice for individuals who want a confident smile and are a better treatment option than bridges or dentures for tooth replacement.
What are the benefits to choosing dental implants?
- Looks, feels and performs similar to your natural teeth
- Does not compromise your adjacent teeth
- Preserves surrounding bone
- Prevents bone collapse and jaw line recession
- Restores a strong natural biting strength
- Implants cannot decay
- Implants are the single most successful dental treatment
- Restores self-confidence and appearance
What is involved in the implant procedure?
The dental implant process involves several steps that take place over a period of 4-9 months.
- Pre-treatment consultation: Evaluate your dental and medical history to determine if you are a good candidate. Evaluate your dental and medical history to determine if you are a good candidate.
- Soft tissue and bone regeneration or augmentation: If the recipient site does not have the proper gum or bone tissue, this procedure will prepare the site for the implant. Healing time will be 8-12 weeks.
- Initial implant placement: We place the dental implant under local or general anesthetic. Over the next several months, bone will heal to the surface of the implant, anchoring it into position.
- Implant prosthetic attachment: During this phase, a post will be painlessly attached to your implant. An impression will be taken, and soon after, a replacement crown will be placed.
Why choose Dr Smith for your implants?
Dr Smith is a specialist in aesthetic reconstructive dentistry. This means that your implants will be placed only in the locations that will allow the best of function and aesthetics. The final restorative teeth indicate where implants should be placed in the bone, not vice versa. A surgeon alone should never place implants without knowing where the final teeth will be located.
Your implants will be placed with gentle care by a Certified Implantologist under general anesthetic (if desired), in our surgical theater. You can comfortably rest after the procedure in our private spa-like recovery room. We also use a planning system called NobelGuide™ implant system.
“NobelGuide™ implant system” is Perfect Planning for Perfect Teeth.
The NobelGuide™ is a total system concept. This will provide the clinicians, both surgical and restorative specialists, to work through an immediate loading treatment together, from downloading and converting the CT data to fabrication of the surgical guide and permanent restorations, to delivery of the final restorations for immediate function. The well-fitting components and accuracy afforded the surgeon through the CT data permits an effortless surgery that minimizes the time and trauma for the patient. The new technology and concept permits minimally invasive surgery using a flapless approach and may be used with any clinical situation, from the completely edentulous arch to a single missing tooth. Applicable to any patient indication using computer aided 3D design, NobelGuide™ shows the exact position and depth of the implants before surgery.
Today, with our revolutionary NobelGuide™ we’ve moved the concept of aesthetic dentistry to a completely new level. This treatment planning and implementation system means you can plan and predict every aspect of a flapless surgery in advance – with pinpoint accuracy. You then place implants and deliver the prosthetic solution at the same time, with no healing time required. In practice, this means that patients can leave the chair with functioning, beautiful teeth in just one treatment appointment.
The surgical treatment is based on guided keyhole surgery that is minimally invasive. This reduces pain and swelling considerably for the patient compared to conventional treatment.
The patient can immediately return to work and/or social life after the treatment since the concept id built on Immediate Function™.
The combination of Immediate Function™ with temporary or final prosthesis (Teeth-in-an-Hour™) ready at surgery radically shortens treatment.
Increased Predictability and Safety
By planning your treatment and transforming this into a Surgical Template you will achieve higher safety and predictability. Our 3D surgical planning program results in exceptional predictability and optimal implant placement.
Total Solution Concept
We provide a complete solution supporting you from the planning stage to completed oral rehabilitation.
Dr Smith uses these benefits of the NobelGuide™ system, along with his neuromuscular techniques to find the most ideal bite, and restores mouths with the most aesthetic all porcelain crowns to their original beauty.
If you are interested in dental implants with Dr Smith, please contact us so that we can renew your confidence in your teeth.
“Changing Smiles, Changing Lives”